Location: Columbia, Maryland
Under general supervision of the Returns Supervisor and with a team, the Returns & Receiving Specialist receives, inspects and processes returned goods, making appropriate process dispositions. The Returns & Receiving Specialist also provides information needed for resolving product and service problems. Daily, the Returns & Receiving Specialist is responsible for completing Receiving related tasks including but not limited to returning inventory to stock. The position will require some bending, kneeling, and standing for up to 8 hours per day. This position may also require Saturday shifts based upon volume and time of year.
• Unpack returned goods and carefully verify and assess product against correspondence sent by the customer
• Carefully assess damaged items and confirm they are manufactured defects and covered by our current warranty
• Enter credits for damaged items AX 2012. Turn damaged product over to the Goldsmith
• Clean, bag and label all items that need to be returned to stock but weren’t returned in resalable condition
• Charge restocking and repackaging fees following the guidelines laid out in the current Return Policy
• Maintain detailed records of actions taken for each return processed
• Separate undamaged returned items for cleaning
• Follow current and proper cleaning process for resalable items (Runner system)
• Operate ULTRASONIC jewelry cleaning machine
• Quality Control clean jewelry after cleaning following guidelines for possible damages
• Bag & label after quality control for inventory adjustments
• Track new incoming returns daily
• Create and maintain Excel spreadsheet for various projects and for tracking purposes
• Check in and put away inventory – back to stock from regular returns, special projects, etc.
• Maintain a safe, secure working environment by following safety and security rules and regulations
• Assist in any special projects as needed
Educational Background: HS/GED
Experience: 1-3 yrs.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work both independently and with a group
• Must be professional, personable, computer-literate, self-motivated and flexible
• Must remain calm and competent under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Other Skills: Basic mathematical skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.