Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The Sr. Allocator will support the U.S. Corporate Stores through the development, management and optimization of by location financial plans and correlating inventory levels by leveraging cross functional partnerships to pinpoint the most effective drivers for growth. This individual will own a diverse range of assignments, projects and analytics to support Preseason and In-Season strategies and initiatives for total US market. The Sr. Allocator will take a proactive approach to ensure allocation plans support financial goals by acting as the expert on store level inventory positions and classification needs. This individual will drive increased Sales & Margin results through regular analysis of location specific trends to recommend buying and inventory optimization opportunities. The ideal Sr. Allocator candidate will be a charismatic problem-solver who enjoys finding new ways to drive Revenue and Profit Margins through detailed data analysis and inventory allocations. The Sr. Allocator will work in close partnership with the Corporate Store Merchandise Planners and Buyers to maximize Sales & Inventory through proper financial and inventory planning supported by sound allocation strategies. They will also partner closely with the Store Operations and Logistics teams to reinforce a seamless strategic approach to inventory movement across product lifecycles and locations.
- Oversee allocation business unit for total brick and mortar.
- Responsible for inventory strategy and management throughout product life cycle by managing key activities including new product launches, seasonal transition, flow cut offs, inventory balancing and shrink adjustments.
- Allocate merchandise at sku level based on individual store and company trends while supporting allocation objectives; allocate stock to the right stores at the right time in the right amount to maximize sales and meet inventory turn goals.
- Lead allocation tool support and enhancement to result in high forecast accuracy and optimize inventory levels.
- Regularly analyze store level turn and stock-to-sales to style; make recommendations on actionable strategies.
- Create, own and communicate on store level reporting highlighting variances by tier, district, inventory ownership, etc.; support ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Guarantee proper in stock levels across the fleet by researching and provide solutions for issues related to understocks, overstocks and product concerns.
- Ability to communicate inventory opportunities and challenges to senior leadership clearly and effectively; provide solutions to drive business.
- Set targets for, and ensure timely and accurate execution of, appropriate inventories for new store openings and acquisitions based on geographical and socioeconomical trends.
- Conduct quarterly size analysis to support appropriate buy levels.
- Work in partnership with Merchandise Planner and Store Planner to identify regional and/or localized assortment opportunities.
- Collaborate with Merchandise Planner to align on buy levels and assortment flow ensuring vision is in alignment with store inventory targets; make recommendations as needed.
- Partner with Store Planning on both Pre and In-Season by store Sales and Margin plans; work cross functionally with partners to ensure these plans incorporate all known factors that may affect performance.
- Serve as main Logistics and Operations partner by providing accurate unit projections Pre and In-Season to support optimized operations at the LC and in the Field.
- Act as primary Field liaison by giving visibility to reporting and resolving store inventory and/or sales concerns.
Educational Background: BA
Experience: 3-5 years of experience working within Merchandise Allocation, Planning, or Buying role
Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Possesses a clear understating of Retail Financial measurements as well as store level KPIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills; able to present business strategies and action plans to broad audience of varied levels.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities; able to multi-task and to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently to provide sound analytics and communicate conclusions/recommendations
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional partners