Category: Business development
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The Strategy Project Manager reports directly to the Senior Director, Retail Operations for PANDORA Americas (which includes both North and South America).
The Strategy Project Manager is responsible for
- Driving the strategic planning process and ensuring execution of key strategic initiatives through active project management to deliver consistent, profitable growth.
- Working directly with members of cross functional teams, including Marketing, Merchandising, Finance, and Retail Operations to deliver business objectives related to strategy projects.
- Researching and highlighting industry, competitive, and consumer trends impacting PANDORA’s business performance and implications on future business plans.
- Supporting the executive leadership team through quantitative analysis, insights, and communication. Examples include: developing the region’s strategic priorities and tracking progress through the year, creating content for executive meetings, including for the Global CEO and Board of Directors.
Strategic Planning Process:
- Coordinate with key functions within PANDORA to set yearly strategic initiatives
- Prepare materials for and support executive strategic planning sessions
- Support the planning, launch, and on-going success of key initiatives identified in the strategy planning process through active project management
- Ensure that yearly strategic initiatives are aligned with functional objectives / plans
- Collaborate and coordinate with Finance to ensure the strategic plan is integrated with the annual financial plan and the annual budget process
- Track progress against yearly strategic initiatives as they are managed by cross-functional partners and communicate risks and opportunities to the executive team
- Research and analyze jewelry industry dynamics, including size, market share, growth, profitability, category segments, etc.
- Research and analyze competitor trends, determining competitive differentiation opportunities resulting in a business strategy that drives growth and profitability
- Research and analyze consumer trends and purchase patterns (in conjunction with Marketing and Consumer Insights)
- Share insights and increase marketing intelligence capabilities within the broader organization
- Scope, plan, and complete analyses that yield critical answers to key questions for driving growth
- Leverage Excel and other quantitative tools for analysis
- Communicate the implications of the analysis to management clearly, often through PowerPoint
- Prepare Executive team communications for internal and external audiences
Educational Background: MA/MS/MBA
Experience: 3-5 years
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – the ability to run quantitative analysis and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Business acumen – the ability to quickly grasp new and different types of business propositions and understand how they operate
- Project Management, with a focus on action and outcomes – results-orientated and focused on achieving measurable sales and financial objectives; demonstrated ability to plan and carry out a project plan effectively
- Effective communicator – writes and presents effectively, adjusting the message and content to fit the audience
- Proactive and adaptable – willing to respond positively to changing circumstances; the ability to spot opportunities and risks, and take action to get to the best outcome
- Collaborative – demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with the broader functional teams
- Maturity – demonstrated exposure to and ability to work well with senior executive teams
Computer Skills: Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Travel Required: up to 10% of the time
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to PandoraUSCareers@pandora.net