Digital Engineer, Front End E-commerce
Job ID: 146931
Are you passionate about web development? Would you like to engineer and deliver world-class digital products for customers at the worldâ€™s largest jewellery brand? If so, then keep reading!
Deliver a best-in-class E-commerce experience for our customers of today and tomorrow
As our new Digital Engineer, you will join our Digital Development department, engineering and delivering world class digital products for our customers of today and tomorrow. You will ensure that the high-quality digital products we deliver will enable our customers to achieve their goals, and that we are continually identifying and acting on opportunities for improvement.
You will build enterprise-level eCommerce solutions, delivering a best-in-class global eCommerce experience using a Salesforce setup as well as our landscape of supporting applications. Further to this, you will work closely with product development squads to triage, bug fix, or implement new features against Pandora’s end-to-end eCommerce technology stack. Overall, you will deliver quality, enterprise-level performant code while actively participating in peer code and quality reviews.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Help product development squads understand good practice approaches to engineering, and how best to implement them within our architecture in order to meet quality and acceptance criteria
- Work with and support internal teams, product management, UX and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking, and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites
- Work with product development squads to ensure that quality is assured throughout the Sprint, avoiding unnecessary delays to the release of product increments
- Contribute to relevant scrum events, including sprint planning and story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and demos, and retrospectives
- Develop technical documentation to agreed standards
- Take ownership to overcome technical problems and live incidents when required
- Continue to develop your own skills and awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to your areas of expertise
Highly motivated self-starter with a curious mindset
You might be the person we are looking for if you are highly motivated, and have a self-starter approach to the role. You are passionate about web development and are driven to constantly learn and develop. You do not take no for an answer, and enjoy working in a team setting to solve problems. As a curious person, you stay up-to-date with current developments in the field, and can apply these learnings into working strategies and use them to influence your problem-solving mechanisms and solution implementation. Finally, you are adaptable in a rapidly changing environment and work well in a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders in varying seniority.
We imagine that you have an education within Computer Science, IT or a relevant area. You understand the Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.) and have knowledge of analytics platforms and experience tracking pages and events (e.g. Adobe Analytics/Omniture).
Further to this, you have and can demonstrate:
- Minimum one year of hands-on experience in a web development environment and recent SFCC experience (formerly Demandware) is preferred
- Exposure to the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more
- Knowledge of development for mobile responsive, adaptive and PWA driven websites
- Experience using Commerce Cloud Pipelines, JS Controllers, DS Script, ISML Templates, Jobs and services framework is encouraged
- Experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS or other marketing channel integrations
- Knowledge understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. During 2020, we will build up a world-class digital team, ensuring that digital is at the heart of our business. The Digital Hub will be responsible for designing, delivering and operating digital products and experiences for Pandora’s global business in order to deliver a genuinely connected experience.
As part of the Digital Development team, you will ensure that we deliver on our strategic ambition to be industry leaders in digital; owning and delivering our digital product and technology vision, strategy and roadmap. You will report to the Director of Digital Engineering, and join a team who work closely together, help each other out and offer the flexibility and freedom needed to focus on solving customers’ problems.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position. However, if you have more questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to get in touch with:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
Diversity, Inclusion & relocation
As a global company, we believe talent can be found all over the world. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. That is why we invite you to apply regardless of your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We demonstrate this by not asking for any unnecessary information when you apply. Further to this, we offer a generous relocation package, which includes moving expenses and assisting you in finding a new home, along with all the practicalities of your new life in Denmark.