We are looking for a driven and experienced Application Manager to be part of the Pandora’s Application Maintenance & Support team. Focused on the ‘Business As Usual’ (RUN) in Pandora IT’s Operations team. You’ll be taking part in discussions together with the business, product, solution owners, development teams, vendors and/or project team members.
You will be responsible for the IT support model and ensuring operational system availability for the assigned applications. You will ensure transition from “Build” to “Run” and support one or more related to Retail Applications. You will become accountable for availability and act as main contact point for the application(s) when they are operational. You will engage with end users and vendors to manage the processes in the resolution of incidents and delivery of service requests.
- Manage the maintenance and support related to the application’s upcoming developments, upgrades and/or minor enhancements,
- Accountable for the continual service improvements of the application,
- In close collaboration with the Business, Product Development Owners, to monitor, evaluate, report and plan proactively, on the risks, quality, costs and growth perspectives and in general the state of application,
- Overseeing the installation process of new applications to the production environment,
- Ensure that when Projects are delivered to Operations, the process is smooth, trouble-free and done at an agreed and acceptable level of quality,
- Work closely with business implementation teams to ensure proper identification of requirements, implementation and rollout of the systems,
- Work closely with the vendors to ensure proper delivery of planned enhancements within delivery dates and with the agreed levels of quality,
- Monitor SLA adherence for a few selected suppliers providing support,
- Create and drive different metrics to track the application and support teams (maybe a better wording, we need to report.
You will be working in the Application Delivery Management team within the Pandora IT Operations organization. There’s limited travelling needed and our aim is to onboard as early as possible.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working as Application Manager and preferable in an international environment,
- Must have ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate,
- Experience working with service desk services and other 3rd party vendors providing support services,
- Experience with supporting Applications within logistics, supply chain or similar area,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent English skills – both verbal and written communication skills,
- Project coordination or management skills at a level to smoothly interact in the IT projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently determine approach to work, and provide a detailed review of completed work for accuracy and efficiency,
- A dynamic profile with a result-oriented approach to work and an ability to motivate others to deliver results,
- Flexibility and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and assignments,
- Diagnostics and problem-solving skills to achieve optimal performance,
- Business acumen with well-developed in presentation and facilitation skills,
- An international mindset.
You will be part of a company in an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. We are a busy department who work closely together, help each other out and appreciate an informal and humorous tone.
If you possess the required competencies and are ready to join a team of passionate individuals, send us your application.
For more information about our Shared Service Centre go to: PANDORA Shared Services.
Rather than telling you what you can or should do,
we like to say there’s nothing you can’t do!
The controller of your personal data as disclosed in the job application documents is Pandora Jewelry Shared Services Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw at the address: ul. Domaniewska 28, 02-672 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of conducting the recruitment process. Without your separate consent your personal data will not be made available to any recipients of data within the meaning of art. 7 cl. 6 of the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29 of 1997. You have the right to access your data and amend them at any time. You are free to submit your personal data, however if you refuse to do so the purpose, as referred to above cannot be pursued.